Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What happens in Vegas . . .

So each October since I started law school two of my good friends have gone to Vegas without me. It's not that I'm not invited; it's just that I cannot go because of one thing or another. I have managed to head on over to Vegas two springs-- once with both of them and once with one of them, but the three of us haven't made it to Vegas together since May of 2004.

They are there now. Or maybe they return today. They called yesterday on their way to a show, after an amazing dinner and shots that either started before or during dinner (their voicemail/ answering machine messages were not clear on this point).

I admit it. I'm a little jealous. I'm happy for them to be there. I just wish I could be, too. And truth be told, I probably could have gone-- but I'm just not quite ready to be away from the kiddos overnight just yet. And it's just as well since Casey's been home sick.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a shout-out to my friends -- hopefully it won't take them too long to recover from the trip. I'll never know all that they are recovering from because, of course, what happens in Vegas . . . stays in Vegas.

No comments: