Here are some things I learned about Casey:
- He will try new foods (!) at school-- she asks him to take a friendly bite before throwing it away, and he does. (As you might imagine, we'll be sending in some new foods in his lunch this week!)
- He is very popular. He is the only child in the class who plays with all the children in the class-- boys and girls. In fact, just the other day he was "kickin' it with the girls in the kitchen." (Ah! Smart boy!)
- He understands quite a lot and can sometimes answer two-part questions. Last week when the teacher asked who he loved and why, Casey said, "My mommy and daddy because they take care of me!"
- He insists on taking off his shoes before nap time. But he takes them off and puts them back on by himself.
- He can dress and undress himself on his own.
- He can almost completely make his own bed (!) for nap time (which means putting a fitted sheet on the mattress/pad).
- He is generally a happy kid, and all the teachers know who he is.
It's so nice to hear a positive report. I know that teachers get busy, whether they have 5 students or 180 students. And so special kudos to Casey's teacher for taking 20 minutes (!) to chat with me about how wonderful my son is!