Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the Night Before Christmas

This morning one of my brothers came over with his family. He made the pancakes and I made the bacon. The boys played quietly and nicely while we cooked and chatted. We used light Hershey's chocolate syrup for the syrup. The boys gobbled it up. Marcie was enormed of her cousin Ethan. She wished she was old enough and strong enough to hold him.



Later in the afternoon, we went to the 4pm children's choir mass. We were there by 3:20. So was everyone else. There were literally no seats. This is where we sat:


Jason and I bet on what the topic of the homily would be. He said it'd be about the wise men. I said it would be about love. We were both wrong. Though the magi were at least mentioned. The closest the priest came to mentioning love was talking about family. I think. I couldn't really hear anything because were were in the cry room the whole mass and it was pretty loud.




Highlights of mass included Casey finally catching on to the song with clapping just as the song was ending and Casey sort of pulling down his pants. I thought his resolute clap, which he did at the end of the song kicked ass. As for the pants incident, it wasn't his fault. He was trying to show the little girl his super-cool Thomas underwear. Of course, he's not always easy to understand, so her grandmother didn't understand that, and they looked a little panicked. I, of course, thought it was hilarious.

All was not lost for Christmas Eve-- and it's not over yet anyway. But here are a few of my favorite photos of the kids (sorry about the red-eye issue):




No comments: