Friday, August 24, 2007

Speaking of Familyversaries

I just wanted to give a special congratulations to our friends Jennie and Max and their two new sons. Jennie and Max just celebrated their eleventh wedding anniversary, put their house on the market in Northern California, celebrated Jennie's graduation from law school and completion of the bar exam (results come out in late November), moved to Southern California and added two new additions to their family. All that in three months' time. Did I mention Jennie starts a new job in about a month? And you all think I'm crazy busy!

Seriously, though, Jennie and Max are my age-- early 30s. And they knew they wanted a family. And they fell in love with two boys, an 8 year old and a 10 year old-- and viola! Insta-family. Jennie and Max officially became foster parents yesterday on their road toward adoption. I know they have a long road ahead of them (and they know that, too). But if you could see the joy on their faces, hear the excitement in their voices. . . you would be as overwhelmed with happiness for them all as I am. And this is a family creation that's worth celebrating (because, aren't all family creations worth celebrating?).

I'm not posting pictures or using the boys' names out of sensitivity to their privacy. So you'll just have to trust me. They are super cute.

And one more familyversary date has been established . . .

No comments: