Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Washing Machine Update

Today we had a technician come out to service our washing machine. There was a gross, vinegar-and-gas smell in the laundry room last night, and we haven't run the dryer since the washer crashed, which makes me think there may be a leak. We had the technician check out the gas line, and he said there was no leak, so I can't figure out what the smell might be. . .

Anyway, they replaced the water pump, which they said was broken (I find this suspect, I might add, because the washer is only 3 1/2 years old-- and unless something was jammed in it, it's too early for it to just go bad). So he replaced it, and Jason's mom threw the wet clothes back in to re-wash them. She called to tell me the machine was making a strange sound-- like a motor. She tried calling the technician, but they didn't return her call. Almost two hours later, they still hadn't returned her call. By the time they called me back, it was nearly 2pm and she needed to leave our house. They are suposedly going to call me back about returning tomorrow, but here it is-- nearly 4:30pm, and I haven't heard back from them. I wonder why they didn't actually test the machine before they left. Guess I should call them again. . .

No comments: