Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Pictures of Marcie's orphanage

Some people who recently returned from Chongqing and received a daughter from Yungyang County Chengxiang Social Welfare Institute posted photos they received on their blog of the orphanage. It's the same orphanage where Marcie is currently living. You can view these photos at their blog. I thought about posting the photos here, but they aren't mine and it doesn't seem right t0 post someone else's pictures on this blog when their owner already has them posted.

On the topic of photos, I did send both a disposable camera and a photo album labeled (in Chinese, thanks to my mother-in-law who helped us by writing the Chinese characters). The camera is intended for the nannies and caretakers to take pictures of Marcie and of her life. The photo album is so that Marcie can start to get familiar with our faces before we get there. But I forgot to put Marcie's name on the camera. So now I am obsessing that maybe they won't know the camera goes with her (it's the only item we asked to have returned in her care package). Should I send a new package with another camera? Should I leave well enough alone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessive too. I would definitely send another camera with her name on it. That way you are more likely to get one and possibly two sets of pictures.