Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Message to Ann

Ann is one of our son's Godmothers and my closest friend here in San Diego. We met in graduate school, less than a week after I moved back to San Diego from college. It's a fun story-- but not really appropriate for this blog. In any case, Ann has taken a trip to France to attend her cousin's wedding and to be her cousin's maid of honor. She is there with her parents and her brother. Just before she left the United States for this three-week adventure, we learned we would be receiving our daughter's referral information from China. Ann wanted me to e-mail her at her SBC account with all the details, but I put her off and told her to just check the blog. I told her if she could check her e-mail, she could check the blog.

Yesterday, Jason, Casey, and I received a postcard from Ann (the wedding went from 6pm to 7am! How crazy is that?). In it, she explained that she hadn't found an Internet cafe yet and was anxious to learn about our referral (when Ann left we didn't even know Marcie was a girl yet!). So, in the event that Ann gets on the Internet before she gets back to America (or even that she checks her e-mail and looks at the blog before she calls me to let me know she's back in town), I wanted to post this message to her:

It's a girl. We've named her Marcie. She was born November 15th, 2005-- not far from your birthday! She will be nine months old when we meet her. She is beautiful-- click through the archives to see her photos.

Those are the basics. I can't believe I didn't write down what day Ann will be back in the U.S. What was I thinking? She was going to be gone for three weeks-- has it been three weeks yet? Time seems to have slowed down since we received the referral and began awaiting our Travel Notice. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and enjoying reading your journey. What an adventure! Kris Flynn

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»