Monday, July 31, 2006

No travel notices today . . .

I really thought our travel notices from China would arrive today, but alas, as of about 10 minutes ago, they have not. The good news (for those whose papework was logged in through July 13th) is that the next batch of referrals has arrived. I'm pleased as punch for all those who are learning about their newest children today and tomorrow. . . Congratulations!

I had seriously hoped our travel notices would arrive today. The "match" and "travel" departments at the CCAA are completely separate, though. And with the CCAA's move, everything closed down. So perhaps our travel notices aren't complete because of glitches with getting the department up and running again. I honestly can't imagine what else would cause it to take so long.

Despite our missing travel notice, Jason and I will be celebrating tonight. Today is our seventh wedding anniversary. I know, I know-- compared to our parents (with well over 60 years of marriage between them-- aren't we lucky to come from "in tact" families?!?), seven years is nothing. On the one hand, it sounds like such a long time-- and I can't even really remember life before we got married. On the other hand, it's gone by so quickly, I can hardly believe it's already been seven years! I guess that's a nice place to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm with you on the "time flies" thing. I can't believe your wedding was 7 years ago. Glad you guys are still having fun!