Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Title of this Blog

So naming this blog was actually kind of hard. We haven't picked out a name for the baby, so we couldn't call it "Journey to ________." And I didn't really want to put our family name out there. Well, I enlisted the help of my trustee study group friends. We just finished our third year of law school May 13th, and one of my "team" is heading off to Sacramento today to work at the State Franchise Tax Board for the summer. We're all part-time students (with other full-time comittments during the days), so this will be our last summer of "fun" before we hit the ground running (assuming we all get jobs after graduation). Anyway, we were celebrating the completion of our third year, and we got to talking about the adoption. Well, I got to talking about it. . . I'm starting to obsess actually--

Anyway, I was telling them I'd decided to put up this blog, and though I didn't have time to do it during the school year, I thought it'd be now or never. So I enlisted their help in naming it. This was the group's consensus. Lest you think I'd ever seek b.s., it stands for Baby S.-- what we'll call our child until we name her (or him).

Now that it has a name, it's ready to go live, and I'll be sending out an e-mail to friends and family shortly introducing it. Here we go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love little BS and she hasn't even arrived yet! Karen, I'm glad you went with the title. I'm looking forward to reading your blog in my non-tax time. And, I still do owe you that email. I'll send it, I promise.