Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stork Alert: The Referrral is IN the mail!

So every morning this week when I've woken up, I've padded into the study to check Rumor Queen's website to see if there has been any announcement about when the next batch of referrals will come out. Every morning there's been nothing. Yesterday on the discussion board for our agency, people were reporting that the agency had told them to expect the referral to arrive around the 30th of the month. (A referral, by the way, is the information about our match-- it will tell us about our baby, if it's a boy or a girl, how old she is, what her current name is, what province she's in, and if she's in an orphanage or foster care. The day after the referral, which is a phone call and an e-mailed photo, we'll get a package in the mail, and the package will have additional photos for us.)

But this morning I overslept. So no check of Rumor Queen's site. But I just took a peek, and guess what? REFERRALS ARE IN THE MAIL. Our agency website announcement, dated today, says that they will arrive in 2-4 business days. They take a day to translate and verify the information, then they call us. Today is Thursday. That means our agency will receive the information between Tuesday (the 27th) and Thursday (the 29th). That means we'll know who our new baby is between Wednesday the 28th and Friday the 30th!!!

Can you tell I'm excited? I didn't expect to be so excited to hear that the referrals are in the mail. For us, later is actually better because I'm at a job that goes through August 11th, and I really can't travel before the 12th. Some people have traveled as little as four weeks after they received their referral. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that for once, this works out for us, and we will be scheduled to travel after August 11th.

Another weird thing. I've been having all these weird adoption dreams lately. Last night I dreamed I asked my mom to write a note to the high school administration explaining that I needed to use a rolling backpack because my law school books were heavy, and I'd be carrying a baby on my hip. What do you think that means? Weird.

Ok. I really should get some work done. If I'm this excited now, though, imagine how un-focused I'll feel when I actually get THE phone call and see the baby's picture!

No comments: