Thursday, June 22, 2006

Me? Obsessing?

So in thinking about this DHL package with the referral information, I am not actually convinced it will arrive on Monday. I finally took a short break to check out the tracking information, and it doesn't actually say it will arrive on Monday. Others on the agency discussion board think it will based on past history. Plus, they reason that even though the agency said it wouldn't arrive for 2-4 business days, the planes don't stop flying on Saturday. I'm not sure of that, actually. I mean, obviously planes fly on Saturday-- but if our agency is giving us an estimate of business days, I think that means business days. And Saturday is not a business day. Plus, I am counting tomorrow, Friday, as day 1. Others are counting today as day one because the package left China, Chinese time, yesterday. Again, I think our agency's estimate is based on a timeline from today, not from yesterday, because they gave today's date as the date of the announcement.

In any case, we will get our referral next week, probably by Friday. And that's good enough for me. Don't get me wrong. I'll obsess. Obviously. But I'm okay with Friday for our referral phone call. And I promise if I learn anything new, I will post it-- when we know, we'll post it.

Oh! One last thing . . . I'm thinking we'll wait on the full package of pictures before we select a name. I'd hate to name her Gladys only to discover she really looks like an Enid. (And I hope you know I'm kidding about both those specific names-- they are not on our list!)

No comments: