Friday, April 19, 2019

Home at Last!

Finally at home, it was time to try some "real" food.  We started with a fruit smoothie, that wasn't very sweet. But he seemed to like it fine.


One of Tate's friends stopped  by to give him a colorful stuffed bunny and visit. Tate told me it was fine. But then he fell asleep and was super grouchy when she got here.  I felt badly about it. But she and her mom were super understanding.



In terms of medication, we were given the antibiotic, motrin, tylenol, and hydrocodone. I told the pharmacist I was hoping not to expose him to the narcotic, and she said if we could avoid it, we should.  Tate was in a lot of pain right after surgery, though, so I was a little worried about what would happen when we got home.  I didn't need to be - we gave him tylenol and motrin, alternating, for the next 24 hours. His pain level never rose above a 2 with those medications, so that was good.

The first night home, we let Tate sleep in our bed to provide him with some comfort.  I slipped out early for work on Friday morning, and Jason stayed home to hold down the fort.

No comments: