2010 was a year of many changes.
We said some good-byes:
- To the kids' preschool, which one or more of our children attended for almost half a decade.
- To Aunt Megan and Uncle Timour, who moved east.
- To several fish and a couple of frogs.
- To our dining room (which became our home office).
- To watering our backyard grass, which kept dying anyway.
- To day care and after school care.
- To a whole income (gulp).
We said some big, important hellos:
- To the arrival of our nephew/cousin Kai.
- To severl fish and a couple frogs.
- To kindergarten.
- To Tate.
We flew a lot of miles (more than 20,000 miles in the air in 2010).
We experienced an up-close-and-personal 4th of July Fireworks show.
We danced down the Pearl River in China.
And we bowled our way through southern Ohio.
We had some colds and fevers and a couple trips to urgent care (but none to the ER!).
We had some cuts and scrapes and a few teeth removed.
We had visits from the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
And we've come out of 2010 a very rich family. Because we've got each other.
That makes us some of the luckiest people in the world.
Here's to a healthy and happy 2011!