Friday, April 12, 2013

Like an Old Friend

I've been composing blog posts in my head lately.  I guess that's better than composing them out loud.  Sometimes I wonder if anyone would hear me anyway.  After all, with three kids competing for talk-time, it's not like they are listening to me.

I looked back at some cake pictures I took when Marcie was younger, and I was so glad I had documented it.  And then I felt sad that I've documented virtually nothing for Tate.

I really do think it gets harder to blog about the kids as they get older.  Things are so much more personal because the consequences are bigger.  I mean, if you yell at your 18 month old every once in a while, the toddler is (hopefully) not going to remember it.  But the 7 and 10 year olds?  Yeah.  Memories like elephants.  Not for the good times, of course.  Just the mis-steps.  Sigh.  I guess the good news is that by the time they are my age, their whole childhoods will mostly be blurs-- and hopefully, with a little luck, what they will remember is an overall positive feeling.  That's what I'm aiming for.

So I have some thoughts.  And I've begun drafting.  And I hope someone is still out there who cares enough to read them because they're coming very soon . . .

Along with pictures.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Howdy!