Monday, August 17, 2009

My Own Personal Zoo

Sometimes it feels like I live in the zoo.
No, really.
I got home from work early tonight- almost 45 minutes early. So I beat the kids home. I was shocked at the state of the TV room. Random shoes tossed about. Pillows askew. Toys strewn across the floor. And the sad thing about it is that I was the last one out the door this morning, which means it was exactly as I'd left it. No secret gnomes cleaned while I was away at work today.

The kids were so happy to see me, plopped on the couch, that Marcie did a head-dive into my lap and Casey immediately started fake-karate-chopping me as he danced across the room throwing karate-like punches.

But nothing tops their reaction when I said they could watch an episode of Phineas and Ferb. They love that show. They don't exactly know all the words to the opening, but they sing at the top of their lungs anyway. While mimicking the actions of the cartoon characters on the TV screen. It's hilarious. It's crazy. And I love it.

If I could just find my battery charger, I'd make you smile with a video of it. Alas, my charger must be hidden in the piles they occupy our computer room. Another space that's exactly as I've left it. Perhaps my zoo enclosure is my own fault and the animals, uh, I mean kids, aren't really to blame at all. . ..

1 comment:

Sue at nobaddays said...

If you're like me, you don't see the mess when you leave in the morning ... it's all about getting out of the house and to school in one piece ;-)