Saturday, February 27, 2010

Missing Girl

I received an email Friday that made me feel sick. You see, last year in a nearby town, a young high school girl went missing on her way to school. It wasn't clear if she ran away or was taken. She's still missing. About a month ago, in a town just a little north of that, an entire family of four disappeared. Their car was found near the border, locked. Police are stumped. And this week a local girl vanished as well. They police suspect she was kidnapped at this point. Her car was found locked in the parking lot, near running trails where she was taking an afternoon run at a park. When she didn't return home by dark, police got involved. I regularly ran those very hills when I was training for half marathons a couple years ago. I can only imagine the grief and worry her parents are feeling. It's every parent's worst nightmare.



I try very hard not to post any real, identifying information about people whose pictures I include on the blog, which is why I don't use last names. But this is different. I'm posting information about her, below. Please keep an eye out.

MISSING

Chelsea King



5’5” -115 lbs Petite Build- Strawberry Blonde hair- Blue eyes- 17 years old

Last Seen: Thursday, February 25th 2010 around 3:00 PM at Rancho Bernardo Community Park, San Diego, near Lake Hodges, Wearing running clothes.

If you have any information PLEASE call: (858) 513-2800

1 comment:

:::d::: said...

This is terrible, but I think it is great that you posted the information. I hope they find her soon.