Monday, July 27, 2009

Redecorating

Casey has had Thomas trains on his walls since he was two. I've thought about removing them (they're those fantastic peel and stick wall stickers), but I was never sure what to replace them with because his interests, since trains, has changed often and quickly. With Marcie, going with the Hello Kitty motif was a pretty easy decision (the other option was Dora- who I have no problem with but, like I said, Hello Kitty was a pretty easy choice). But with Casey-- well, it's just hard to keep up with all the super heroes and action starts. And whatever else he's into. One week it's Mario Brothers. The next it's Bakugons. And then Indiana Jones. You get the point.

So here's what we (finally) came up with:



The entry to the room


Above the dresser



In the corner


over the bed (you can see a little Thomas on the valance). Further down the same wall is Spider Man and Transformers.


I mentioned in the last post that I thought the walls were too busy. The Transformers freak me out a little. But he loves it. He loves his super-hero, action-packed walls. And they aren't permanent, so it's easy to remove (and replace) them.

Please ignore all the clutter in the photos. It's embarrassing, but, well, who am I kidding? I'm a pile-maker, a packrat-- a clutter bug. It's not good. I'm working on it. And hoping it's a habit my kids don't pick up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: