Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Happy pre-Valentine's day.
No pictures to post. But big news.
No, not talking about any baby news.
Or school Valentine's parties (though we did have those!).

Tonight is a momentous occasion.

As I type, Casey is snuggled up in bed. His favorite classmate, too.
Sigh. His first sleep over.

I feel so, so lucky he asked to have someone here instead of asking to go somewhere else. And still, the momentousness of this moment is not lost on me.

Apparently I had a skewed view of when things happen. I find myself constantly thinking, "Already?!?" And I imagine it will only get worse.

Tonight Marcie asked me if she could have her favorite classmate spend the night, too. We suggested we maybe start out with a play date before we encourage any preschool overnights away from home-- and she seemed fine with that. Or she was distracted by the super cool "pretty dress," tap-tap shoes, ballet slippers and Hello Kitty flip flops (which actually culled a full girly squeal from her) a co-worker's 6 year old daughter handed down to us today.

Pictures to follow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, were there any late night calls home or middle of the night pick ups?

Anonymous said...

Sleepovers can be a good thing.. you and hubby might get a night alone if you plan it right and get comfortable with it. :-)

:::d::: said...

OMG. This makes me feel old. :) I miss Casey and Marcie - and you too!

Kris said...

Miss your blog...I still check almost daily hoping for an update! I figure it must be you have a busy life... and Bravo for that!! :-) Just wanted you to know your blog is missed.