Friday, October 03, 2008

Outa Touch

In July, a new California law went into effect-- no more cell phones while driving. Ear pieces are okay. Push to talk is okay (not sure why that is). But no phones to ears.

In preparation, I bought a blue tooth ear piece about six months before that. Opened up the box in June. And used it.

In June.

In July.

In August.

And then it disappeared.

I know it's because I had to bring it inside to charge it (why didn't they sell a car charger with it?). But now I have no idea where it is.

And it's left me out of touch. With everyone.
People are actually calling me, worried.

But I promise, I haven't forgotten about those I talk to on a regular basis. It's just that I can't talk in the car without the ear piece. No ear piece, no phone calls.

Sigh. Guess I should buy a replacement.

And for those of you wondering how I manage to talk on the phone with the kids in the car, I don't. There are a few times when I try to be 100% focused on the kids. One is during drop-off and pick-up. I leave my phone in the car, and we talk. One is while driving-- well, I guess I'm not really focused on the kids; I'm focused on the road. But I try to not to divide my attentions any further than the ruckus inside my car and what's going immediately outside my car.

I'm rambling. I'll stop.

In other news, we're actually taking a vacation next week. To Disneyland. With Casey's birth family. I don't know if I'm more excited to see his grandparents and siblings, or if I'm more excited to see them all experience Disneyland. But I can't wait. And I'll even have time to blog it as I go. . .

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The same exact thing happened to me! I bought the stupid thing, and I used it religiously before the law went into effect and then abour a week after I lost it! And haven't replaced it. SO now I have vowed to simply not talk on the phone while in the car. I always pull over to the side of the road or don't answer it at all. I know it's much safer, evern if it isn't convenient.

Have fun at Disneyland! I'm about 15 minutes away from there. Hopefully there won't be any fires like there were this time last year. The smoke was awful!

Anonymous said...

Here's my suggestion: Buy a new bluetooth and charge it/use it/etc. BUT, also buy a wired one to keep in the car. They're inexpensive and you can always use it in a jam or if you've just forgotton your bluetooth. :) And then you can talk to me...one of the ones you haven't forgotten about (I hope).