Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Little Miss Antsy Pants

Ok, I admit it. I am antsy about this travel stuff. China has just sent out the next batch of referrals (for those whose paperwork was accepted in China June 28th through July 13, 2005). I'm really excited for those people (I can hardly believe it's been a whole month since we learned about Marcie.) But I'm anxious-- and wondering the same thing everyone else who received a referral in the last batch is wonder-- where is our approval from China to travel?

As you may recall, I did say that we may not receive approval from China until as late as August 7th, but I didn't actually believe it would take that long! Especially because our agency told us people would probably be traveling as soon as August 1st! But I can't (and don't) fault our agency for that.

So what's the hold up? Wish I knew. The CCAA did just move their offices. And they are starting to use a new computer system. But seriously-- it's just authorization to travel, for crying out loud! (Of course, for all I know, that requires a lot of paperwork on their end.)

As of now we are still planning to travel in August. I'm betting we won't travel until the second half of the month. I didn't want to travel until around the 15th anyway initially-- but that was before I knew who Marcie was and had her picture to stare out. Now I just want to go meet her! Now it can't come soon enough!

Anyway, you can be certain I'll let you know as soon as we hear something about travel.

NEWS UPDATE FROM OUR AGENCY
We received an e-mail this afternoon letting us know that the Travel Notices still have not arrived. If they arrive by the 28th (this Friday), our agency will request a consulate appointment that will have us leaving for China some time around the 10th. If they do not arrive until next week, we probably won't travel until around the 17th. (And if they don't come until the week after that, we won't be traveling until around the 23rd. The e-mail didn't say that, but it's what I think is possible.)

Not much we didn't already know-- and yet I feel better having heard it from them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»